Rangers FC – Union SG : 3 – 0

As to be expected, Glasgow’s Ibrox Stadium was a circus last Tuesday night. But our players composed themselves well and Rangers didn’t get any real big opportunities during most of the first half. Unfortunately, during the 42nd minute, Siebe Van der Heyden reached out for the ball with his hand in the box. The Penalty was then converted by Tavernier (1-0).

After the break, it was the same story as the first half: pressure from Rangers, but no great opportunities. The Scots managed to score in the 58th minute though due to a stroke of luck after a scrimmage in front of Anthony Moris’ goal, Colak was able to score (2-0). And the third goal soon came, after a misunderstanding between Moris and Lapoussin, Tillman was able to head the ball into the goal.

At the other end of the pitch, Adingra’s chance was halted by goalkeeper Mclaughlin, for a last chance ditch for extra time. The game ended which means our Unionists are eliminated in the third qualifying round of the Champions League. The draw for the group stage of the Europa League will take place on 26th of August.

Our next game will take place this Saturday in Parc Duden at 20.45 against KV Kortrijk. Tickets are available at ticketing.rusg.brussels.

L’attribut alt de cette image est vide, son nom de fichier est StartingXI.jpg.

49. Moris
02. Nieuwkoop
08. Lazare
11. Adingra
13. Vanzeir
16. Burgess
17. Teuma
20. Lynen
26. Sykes
44. Van der Heyden
94. Lapoussen

L’attribut alt de cette image est vide, son nom de fichier est Interviews-1.jpg.

“We actually lost it in the first leg. We should have made it 3-0 there and then. Today, you know what you are going to get and if you then make individual mistakes, you can lose in a place like this. It’s a shame, but I’m proud of my players”. Head coach Karel Geraerts

“The way we lost here is bizzare. In the first half, we defended well, but we are still unhappy. But all in all, it was a nice experience. The Europa League awaits us now, and that is a nice reward. Dante Vanzier